Warning: Use of undefined constant user_level - assumed 'user_level' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /nfs/c05/h01/mnt/73160/domains/babiesandbruschetta.com/html/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-google-analytics/ultimate_ga.php on line 524
In keeping with my New Year’s resolution of trying a minimum of one new recipe every week for either a meal or a snack, below is a list of what I attempted. I either burned it, or my family feasted. Cooking is one of the things I would like to improve on. Here goes.
- Asian lettuce wraps: I used this recipe as a general guideline but played around with different veggies and threw in some beans. So easy.
- Fluffy pancakes: I never add salt in my cooking, so I skipped the salt and sugar in this recipe (I figured, jam or maple syrup would be sweet enough), and also reduced the baking powder by half a tea spoon. Kids gobbled them down.
- Peanut butter cookies: I skipped the sugar in this recipe entirely and didn’t have the oats, but they turned out just fine.
- Oven baked fish sticks: So, I’ve browsed elsewhere than just allrecipes.com to feed my family with new food. I didn’t have panko crumbs for this recipe simply because I had no idea what panko crumbs are. I added a variety of herbs and spices to the crumbs to induce more flavor, skipped the salt, and baked the fish using coconut oil.
- Baked oatmeal to go: Love this blog, love this recipe.
- Curried Coconut Chicken: Anything with coconut makes me happy.
- Oven chicken fingers: Easy to make and easy to please the kids with. The Honey Mustard sauce is easy to make and full of flavor.
- Baked Cod with Herbs and Garlic: Easy to make but full of flavor. My kind of cooking.
…..and clearly, I stopped adding recipes. New Years resolution failed for 2013. As I am in the midst of updating this site, I plan on adding recipes to here shortly. Stay tuned!